Are You Ready For The Big One?
It’s one of those topics that invariably crosses our minds, especially when the news is filled with stories of wildfires, hurricanes, floods, earthquakes, tornadoes, blackouts—even terrorist attacks.
We think about it.
How important it is.
And we think about how we really
need to get prepared.
But somehow, we never quite get around to it.
According to a recent FEMA survey, only about one-third of Americans have dveloped any sort of emergency plan and talked it over with their families
Sure, some of us have a few extra cases of water stacked in the garage, and maybe even a 72-hour emergency kit stashed in a closet. But very few of us ever set aside the countless hours needed to research what our families require in various situations, then gather and stow it away in an organized and accessible manner.
True emergency preparedness is about protecting you and your family’s health and safety should any disaster strike.
Now is the time to see to your family’s emergency planning. This isn’t something to keep putting off. Perpetual delays just mean proper preparations won’t be in place when your family really needs them.
O.P.E.N. is now offering
Emergency Preparedness Services
- Developing a comprehensive family emergency plan including: how to communicate with family members if separated, where to meet, routes to get home, and copying vital documents.
- Creating ICE emergency contact cards for every member of the household
- Customizing, assembling, organizing, and storing Emergency Kits including: Home Emergency Kits, School Kits, 72-hour Kits, Blackout Kits, Vehicle and Workplace Kits. *This includes adding overlooked items to existing supply stocks
- Identifying potential hazards around your home and the best way to secure, neutralize, or isolate them; this includes securing furniture, artwork, valuables, etc. and showing you how to shut off gas, water, and electricity
- Valuables, document, photo and memento preservation
- Documentation of household content for Insurance purposes
- Registering your family and pets with National and Community/Neighborhood Emergency Response Teams
Remember, elderly relatives are at the greatest risk in an emergency, but very few have even basic emergency supplies or preparations in place. Please consider this services for aging parents or other relatives.
This is our most important work. We would love the opportunity to help you and your family become truly prepared to stay safe and healthy in the event of an emergency.
And the best part is, once it’s done, it’s done. You can stop dwelling on it and feeling guilty about procrastinating or not being able to find the time.
“Unforeseen” isn’t an excuse for being unprepared.